Best Heavy Duty Sewing Machine Review
However, these regular machines do not work well with a few kinds of projects using heavy materials such as denim, leather.
These types of sewing projects will often make a normal sewing machine moving and instability as sewing.
The Heavy-duty sewing machine is made to sew bigger projects which need more layers of material or even thicker fabric.
If you are seeking a sewing machine for heavy fabric such as denim, or leather then you will need a heavy-duty sewing machine.
Table Of Contents
- Best Heavy Duty Sewing Machine List 2020
- SINGER | Heavy Duty 4423 Sewing Machine with 23 Built-In Stitches -12 Decorative Stitches, 60% Stronger Motor & Automatic Needle Threader, Perfect for Sewing all Types of Fabrics with Ease
- Janome Industrial-Grade Aluminum-Body HD1000 Black Edition Sewing Machine with 14 Stitches, 4-Step Buttonhole, Automatic Needle Threader and Drop Feed
- Recommended Products
- Janome HD3000 Heavy-Duty Sewing Machine with 18 Built-In Stitches + Hard Case
- Why Do we need Heavy Duty Sewing Machine? Some Facts.
- Amazon Top-Rated & Best Sewing Machine In 2020
Best Heavy Duty Sewing Machine List 2020
The First Important Feature for Heavy Duty Sewing Machines: Sewing Machine Weight
When the needle unit of a sewing machine is working, the hardware components of the needle unit create force when they work. For a light-weight machine stitching a thin fabric, this is probably not a problem.
However, the sewing machine has to provide more force for heavier fabrics, so that they must have enough bodyweight that the machine will not move.
If a sewing machine weighs under six pounds, you may find that it’s going to move very easily as heavy material is sewed.
A robust sewing machine that will still hold should weigh about 15 pounds.
Additionally, metal body sewing machines will be more robust than most plastic ones. However, the lighter machine has better portability.
1) SINGER 4423 Heavy Duty Sewing Machine
SINGER | Heavy Duty 4423 Sewing Machine with 23 Built-In Stitches -12 Decorative Stitches, 60% Stronger Motor & Automatic Needle Threader, Perfect for Sewing all Types of Fabrics with Ease
- SINGER HEAVY DUTY SEWING MACHINE: The 23 built-in stitches including basic, stretch, decorative, and buttonhole stitches allow you to sew a variety of projects, such as fashions, home décor, quilts, crafts, and more
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER SEWING MACHINE: After following the threading path printed right on the machine, this built-in feature helps you to effortlessly thread the eye of the needle without eye strain or frustration
- HIGH-SPEED SEWING MACHINE:The Singer 4423 Sewing Machine has a maximum sewing speed of 1, 100 stitches-per-minute, so projects can be sewn quickly. The 60% Stronger Motor provides greater piercing power for thick seams
- HEAVY DUTY METAL FRAME: The Singer 4423 heavy duty sewing machine is a true workhorse. With a heavy-duty metal interior frame, stainless steel bedframe, extra-high sewing speed and powerful motor, this sewing machine can sew through a variety of heavy weight fabrics and provides long lasting stability
- SEWING MACHINE ACCESSORIES: A variety of accessories are included with All-purpose foot, zipper foot, buttonhole foot, button sewing foot, seam ripper/lint brush, quilting guide, needles, bobbins, screwdriver, auxiliary spool pin, spool pin felt are all conveniently located and stored in the accessory tray. A soft-sided dust cover is also included in the packaging
SINGER 4423 is a member of the heavy-duty machine family of Singer, which includes 4 heavy-duty machines(The others are singer 4411, singer 4432, singer 5532 ).
It includes 23 built-in stitches. It is an inexpensive affordable heavy duty sewing machine that has a perfect price/performance ratio among the singer heavy machines.
Although the price is lower, it still is one of the Most valuable heavy duty sewing machines for beginners in the current market.
The machine is the best popular because of the affordability and relatively rich features among the 4 heavy-duty machines from Singer.
The sewing machine has affordability. High level features such as automatic needle threader and 1-step buttonhole which are offered.
With a powerful engine capable of providing 1,100 stitches per minute is the next amazing point. Meanwhile, the sewing machine sews beautiful stitches.
The sewing machine may seem to have trouble with multiple layers of jean material (more than 7 layers). So that you can’t say that this sewing machine is very good for heavy-duty materials.
2) Janome HD1000 Heavy-Duty Sewing Machine
Janome Industrial-Grade Aluminum-Body HD1000 Black Edition Sewing Machine with 14 Stitches, 4-Step Buttonhole, Automatic Needle Threader and Drop Feed
- Industrial-Grade: Aluminum Interior Frame, Aluminum Outer Body, 25-Year Limited Warranty
- Easy to Use: Easy Threading, Front-Loading Bobbin System, 14 Stitches with 4-Step Buttonhole
- Convenience Feature: Automatic Needle Threader, Adjustable Stitch Length and Width
- Quilting Features: Drop Feed with 3-Piece Feed Dogs for free motion sewing, Free Arm for cuffs and sleeves
- Included Accessories: Hard Cover, 4 Presser Feet, Needles, Bobbins and more
This machine is the other best heavy duty sewing machine that you can get from the market. The advantage of the machine is obvious. It can sew through everything you throw under this machine’s needle.
The machine has a high quality of stitches. It includes 14 built-in stitches. It is more or less seven pounds weightier than Singer 4423 and it has more heavy-duty capability.
Most components of this sewing machine are metal, Janome used excellent plastic anywhere need to use plastic. This is a sturdy sewing machine.
The machine can sew everything. Having commendable and high-quality stitches. Also, It has the Heavy Duty feature.
But, it is Not beginner-friendly. There are no enough handy features for a beginner such as one-step buttonhole and top drop-in bobbin. The number of stitches included by this machine is very poor.
3) Janome HD3000 Heavy-Duty Mechanical Sewing Machine
Janome HD3000 Heavy-Duty Sewing Machine with 18 Built-In Stitches + Hard Case
- 7-piece feed dog
- 6.5mm mHeavy-duty frame
- Heavy-duty frame
- Comes with Hard Cover
- Built-in Needle Threader
Janome HD3000 has a lot of handy features for beginners, which do not get from HD1000. If you don’t care about the price, Janome HD3000 is the best heavy duty sewing machine available in the market. It comes with eighteen built-in stitches.
The machine is also the heaviest among the machines mentioned above. Due to the weight, the machine gives you excellent stability.
Janome HD3000 is the winner among heavy-duty sewing machines mentioned above if you do not consider the price.
This machine is a true workhorse. This sewing machine can sew anything throw under it. It works with heavy leather as a needle passes through tofu.
It comes with a one-step buttonhole and drop-in bobbin feature that is handy for beginners. These good features that you will not get with HD1000.
Some people will feel that the machine is expensive, especially when you are on a tight budget.
Why Do we need Heavy Duty Sewing Machine? Some Facts.
Some circumstances will require one to use a heavy-duty sewing machine.
Making or sewing heavy uniforms, tents or canvas, and even some bags, all necessitate that you use a heavy-duty sewing machine.
There are different types of sewing machines including mechanical sewing machines, computerized sewing machines, electrical sewing machines, home sewing machines, and commercial sewing machines, just to name a few.
Light duty sewing machines can perform minor activities like fixing buttons, or mending and decorating materials.
However, they cannot perform more rigorous sewing.
In contrast, the heavy-duty sewing machine can perform the work of the lighter duty machine and still be able to do its heavy-duty work.
This comes as an advantage, especially for people who need to do both heavy and light-duty sewing jobs.
These sewing machines can also handle a large volume of work since they can produce up to a thousand stitches in a minute and do multiple stitches while they are at it.
It is for these reasons and others that they are sometimes referred to as commercial sewing machines.
They are mostly found in commercial enterprises, although they are not overly expensive and can be easily acquired in the event one wants to buy and use them from home.
A needle threader that is built into the heavy-duty sewing machine along with the free arm design is but a few of the valuable characteristics that come with these sewing machines.
Note, however, that some sewing machines also seep a significant amount of grease when working on them and this makes them a little messy to use. You can only use them for short periods each time.
When talking about a heavy-duty sewing machine, one can need to look at the weight of the sewing machine, its durability, and the cost.
These three are important factors since each buyer must ascertain that the attributes of the machine fit well into the purpose and budget intended.
It is important to note that there are certain specialized heavy-duty sewing machines only meant to handle very specific fabrics.
For example, you can find a heavy-duty sewing machine that is only meant to sew canvas or leather, and would not work on anything else.
If it does, the quality of the output may not be up to scratch. For example, this type may not be suitable for intricate sewing such as embroidery.
During purchase, manufacturers will often freely provide certain accessories depending on your choice of a sewing machine.
The goal here, other than sales, is to enlighten end users on the diverse ways the machine can be used.
In any case, even though some accessories are generic, some are brand-specific so you may still need to purchase them at some point.
Some of the accessories that manufacturers provide with heavy-duty sewing machines include but are not limited to needles, bobbins and spool caps.
Amazon Top-Rated & Best Sewing Machine In 2020
Giving some tips that will help you to make your choice easily.
- If you are seeking an affordable sewing machine for your home projects then Singer 4423 is the best suitable. Outstanding features, affordable and sews projects well. Click here right now and save 43% on Singer 4423 at Amazon.
- If you need to do lots of heavy-duty projects usually or use your machine frequently, Janome HD1000 may fit your needs better. Click here to get HD1000 and save 25% on Amazon.
- If your projects that often using very thick and heavy fabric, then you should think about picking out the Janome HD3000. Click here to save 20% on Janome HD3000 right now.