Brother CS6000i Review
The Brother CS6000I electronic sewing machine is a step up from an entry-level mechanical machine like the Brother XL-2600i and offers many more features, can complete more complex tasks.
Brother is one of the premium brands of sewing machines known around the world and the Brother CS6000I 60-Stitch Computerized Sewing Machine is one of the most advanced models in the brand’s product line.
This machine comes with a computerized free-arm that features 60 built-in stitches which include decorative stitches, quilting stitches, utility stitches for garment construction and mending as well as seven kinds of one-step auto-sizing buttonholes.
A one-step buttonhole with seven different styles (eyelet, keyhole and more) is a plus, and a small LCD screen shows you the stitch settings. It’s an LCD that makes it easier for you to choose from these different stitches.
Adjustments are made with buttons, no dials, and it boasts 60 stitches.
One particular strength, compared to other electronic machines, is a generous assortment of presser feet, including a walking foot, which helps feed layers of fabric through the machine at the same rate.
User reviews for the Brother CS6000i are excellent.
Craft magazine reviews the Brother CS6000i among other mid-range sewing machines, comparing its features. Good Housekeeping does a brief video review of the CS6000i as well.
User reviews abound at Amazon.com and Walmart.com, where the Brother CS6000i earns significantly higher-than-average ratings.
Great machine for beginners and seasoned seamstresses alike.
Table Of Contents
- Brother CS6000i Review:- Specifications:
- Brother Computerized Sewing and Quilting Machine, CS6000i, 60 Built-In Stitches, 7 styles of 1-Step Size Buttonholes, Wide Table, Hard Cover, LCD Display and Auto Needle Threader, Beige/Blue
- Brother CS6000i Review:- Pros & Cons
- Brother CS6000i Review:- Conclusion
Brother CS6000i Review:- Specifications:
Brother Computerized Sewing and Quilting Machine, CS6000i, 60 Built-In Stitches, 7 styles of 1-Step Size Buttonholes, Wide Table, Hard Cover, LCD Display and Auto Needle Threader, Beige/Blue
- SIMPLE-TO-USE SEWING AND QUILTING MACHINE: The CS6000i sewing and quilting machine is user-friendly. The stitch selector switch allows you to easily see and choose your stitch
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER: This quilting machine includes an automatic needle threaded that perfectly pushes thread through the needle
- ADJUSTABLE SEWING SPEED: The Brother CS6000i sewing and quilting machine features an adjustable stitch speed that gives you easy control
- WIDE TABLE: Designed for quilts and other larger projects, the CS6000i includes a wide table that gives you extra space. Maximum Sewing Speed (Stitches Per Minute) : 850
- BUILT-IN FREE ARM: Doing intricate sewing projects is simple thanks to the free arm that helps sew sleeves, pant legs, and other cylindrical items
- Weight: 19 pounds
- Dimensions: 16 x 6.7 x 11.4 inches
- An LCD display with a 60-stitch computerized free-arm sewing machine
- Wide table accessory for larger fabrics such as quilts
- Snap-on presser feet
- 1-touch start/stop and reverse functions
- 7 styles of 1-step auto-sizing buttonholes
- Warranty: 25-year limited warranty
LCD Display for Stitch Selection
This machine features a digital LCD display that makes it easy for users to select among 60 different stitches.
Stitches include heirloom stitches, decorative stitches, quilting stitches and basic utility stitches for making, repairing and altering clothes and other fabrics.
It also has a programmable stitch width and length up to 7mm with adjustable dial controls for thread tensions.
Various Accessories Included
This model comes with all the accessories that any beginner or advanced user can need.
This includes accessories for quilting, twin needle stitching, zipper insertion an oversized accessory table to make it more convenient for you to work on large projects such as quilting.
It also comes with an automatic needle threader and a one-step quick set drop-in bobbin.
Affordable and High-Value
Compared to other sewing machines which have the same functions and features as this model, this unit is very affordable and costs up to several hundred dollars less than the more expensive models.
With prices averaging $200 from most dealers, this is a great investment for both beginners and more advanced sewers.
Here are some reviews from my friends and students:
- The instructions are very clear and easy to understand. Other features I love are the thread cutter, extension table, and computerized functions.
- It is so simple to select the type and width of stitch you want to use. All you do is adjust the numbers on the screen by pressing the buttons up or down.
- I love that I don’t have to use the foot pedal either (it comes with one…. optional to use!).
- There is a button to lift or lower the needle. The other two buttons are to sew forward or backward. (To sew in reverse, you must hold in the button.)
- You can even adjust the speed of sewing. I’ve used foot pedals and a leg pedal (press with your thigh) before but this is a much nicer option.
- The light could be improved. It is very bright but I feel it needs to be larger or illuminate more of the area around the needle.
- I have already completed several small projects to get back into the swing of sewing basics.
- I am very impressed with the quality of stitches and ease of use from this sewing machine.
- I have many more projects planned, and I am confident that this machine will serve me well.
- I recommend this model to anyone learning to sew and those of you who are experienced.
- Even if you use 5 years and it is still going strong!
- Bought this sewing machine for my daughter for her 13th birthday, children learn fast and can operate this machine with ease.
- It is lightweight and so very portable.
- It’s the easiest thing to a thread, and the front-loaded bobbin is a breeze! I have a Singer machine, and that thing has given me more problems than I know what to do with, but the Brother machines I own have never failed me.
- I am a seasoned seamstress and I have never been more impressed with a machine not even considering the value.
- It far out measured my expectations. Ease of use, features I would say that this is by far the best sewing machine to order for a beginner to the advanced seamstress who wants a reasonably priced machine.
- I have problems with my legs so the feature using the button the start and stop is awesome! I can sit on the floor and sew with only my hands! I have finished my wedding dress now. GREAT machine.
- I have sewn clothes, and the machine handles even thick polar fleece with ease. The zipper foot makes installing zippers a BREEZE.
- I’ve had this machine for 4 months. I’ve seen a couple of dresses, mended a few things, made a baby quilt and bumper, and a diaper bag. It’s performed AWESOMELY! I put a piece of carpet at the bottom of the diaper bag–it sewed through that no problem! It sewed 8 layers of cotton(5) and fleece(3) together (slowly) but with NO problems. I’ve never had a machine sew this well on thick stuff.
- I was pleased to find that I could sew both sheer fabrics and bulky seams on heavy fabrics without a hiccup. I love the drop-in bobbin and easy maintenance. I couldn’t find anything that the machine wouldn’t do for me.
Brother CS6000i Review:- Pros & Cons
- Very easy to use
- Manual is easy to understand
- The machine is light and easy to carry around
- Great value for price
- Some consumers have reported minor problems.
Brother CS6000i Review:- Conclusion
Finally, I would say to be sure and read your manual even if you are an experienced seamstress because all machines are different.
when I come into contact with a new sewing machine, I would not use it right away, but to read it’s manual.
Some people stated problems with the thread binding etc, mine jammed up when I first got it but it turns out I did something wrong.
After looking over the manual I fixed the problem with ease and haven’t had any problems since.
I would say to make sure the bobbin is properly installed and the threads are pulled to the back like the manual states before you start sewing.
Otherwise, the LED light is and bright and the machine comes with several great accessories.
The oversized table is nice. The machine is lightweight but sturdy and well made. It’s very easy to thread, wind a bobbin, and switch the presser feet. I was worried about the plastic bobbins at first but they have proven to be just fine.
There are a lot of sewing machines out in the market and some who are looking for a premium-quality one might even scoff at this model initially because of its low price.
However, the Brother CS6000I 60-Stitch Computerized Sewing Machine is comparable to other more expensive sewing machines and has most of the features and functions they boast of.
This is also very light that it has also been known as the featherweight champion of sewing machines for beginners. Though some users report minor problems with their units, the customer service of Brother is very helpful in resolving customer issues.
Overall, this model is a great investment for a great price.